- Hospital leaders speak (10/17/17)
- Freeman CEO answers questions (10/16/17)
- Reading put into practice (10/13/17)
- Tigers host Clinton in regular-season finale (10/13/17)
- Council votes to mandate change in hospital (10/13/17)1
- Benton students honor grandparents (10/10/17)
- Area businesses going pink (10/9/17)
- Unidentified material found near NF Protein (10/6/17)1
- Fun at the Fire Station (10/5/17)
- ‘Tough but fair’ (10/4/17)
Carol Jean CernyCarol Jean Cerny, 41, El Dorado Springs, passed away on Tuesday, Oct. 17, at Kansas University Medical Center in Kansas City following a lengthy illness. Carol was born July 12, 1976, in El Dorado...
Vickie Ann King PelzerVickie Ann King Pelzer, age 69 years, of Jefferson City, Mo., passed away Tuesday, Oct. 17, at Capital Region Medical Center. She was born on Nov. 13, 1947, in Independence, Mo., the daughter of...
Albert Montel “Duck” PilcherAlbert Montel “Duck” Pilcher, 85 of Nevada, passed away Wednesday, Oct. 11, at the Veterans Administration Hospital in Kansas City after a brief illness. Duck was born June 14, 1932, in a log cabin...
Homer Charles “Shorty” Lathrop (10/17/17)Homer Charles “Shorty” Lathrop was born Aug. 2, 1929, the fifth of 10 children to Homer R. and Marguerite (Mallory) Lathrop on the family farm, southeast of Sheldon, and passed away Oct. 13, at his...
Joseph Edward “Joe” Sunthimer III (10/17/17)Joseph Edward “Joe” Sunthimer III, 88, of Nevada, passed away Wednesday, Oct. 11, in Nevada. Joe was born Dec. 14, 1928, in Elkhart, Ind., the son of Joe and Bessie (Troyer) Sunthimer. He grew up in...
Lois Eastland (10/14/17)Lois Eastland passed away on Oct. 11, in Peoria, Ariz., at the age of 98. A former resident of the Rich Hill area for most of her life, she was a quiet, dignified lady perhaps best known for being a...
Column: Kansas Woodstock (10/20/17)Over Labor Day Weekend, Sept. 4-7, 1970, there was a huge rock festival held about 45 miles from here, southeast of Pittsburg, Kan. I didn’t attend because I was living and working in Pomona, Calif., at the time but I was quite familiar with the background, culture and sentiments that led directly to this event...
Column: ID update for Missourians planning to travel in 2018 (10/18/17)Missouri’s 126th Dist. JEFFERSON CITY, MO: For Missourians wanting to fly and those wishing to visit military bases and federal facilities in 2018, it’s important to know that Missouri continues to await word from the Department of Homeland Security for an extension of the existing grace period that lasts until Jan. ...
Column: Being a drug dealer; not the best choice (10/14/17)For the average crystal meth dealer, it can be a dangerous world where everyone is only looking out for themselves and not their fellow meth dealing friends. Drug dealers will do almost anything to get their meth so they can distribute it, and because of this, they must take the appropriate action to make sure it is safe until the time of sale...
Column: Thunder and Lightening (10/13/17)Tonight, Nevada High School will induct upon our Wall of Fame, two of my 1966 Big 10 Conference Championship Football teammates. Larry Householder and Jim Olson were like the thunder and lightening, that one associates with a Midwest thunderstorm. They will forever be inseparably linked as the stars of that great team and season but for me they were much more...
- In from the storm: Nevada cross country team traverses tricky terrain at WCC meetNavigating rugged terrain at Monday’s West Central Conference meet in Lee’s Summit, the Nevada Lady Tigers cross country team notched a third-place finish, while the Nevada boys placed fifth. The Warrensburg girls claimed first-place, while host St. ...
- Lady Tiger volleyball season ends in district semis
- Comet runners gear up for regional championship
- Tigers take on Raytown South in first district home game since ’12 (10/18/17)
- Lady Tigers dispatch East Newton in district opener (10/18/17)
- Hume tops NEVC in districts, Sheldon and Bronaugh fall in opening round (10/18/17)
- Nevada hoops standout Gayman verbally commits to D1 Abilene Christian (10/17/17)
- Comets split pair of region matches (10/17/17)
- Lady Hornets sting Rich Hill in straight set sweep (10/15/17)
- Palmer represents Lady Tiger golf program at state tourney (10/14/17)
- Tigers air assault crushes Clinton, 51-37, as Mason hauls in three TD receptions (10/14/17)