- Suicide prevention Youth Task Force topic 1
- Robotics brought to Nevada students
- Pink Heals (4/25/17)1
- A year of firsts for Bronaugh’s speech and debate team (4/25/17)
- Food for America (4/25/17)
- Cottey students recognized for service (4/25/17)
- Quorum officials provide interim turn around report (4/25/17)
- Cottey student named a Campus Compact Newman Civic Fellow (4/24/17)
- Nevada police taking back unwanted prescription drugs (4/24/17)
- Northeast Vernon County school board installs three (4/24/17)
John Wayne DeVan (4/27/17)John Wayne DeVan, 86, formerly of Nevada, passed away on Sunday, April 23, at his home in Lansing, Kan. John was born March 18, 1931, in Mobile, Ala., to Wilbur and Marguerite Wagner DeVan. On Sept....
Vickey Anna Boyle (4/27/17)Vickey Anna Boyle, 64, Nevada, died Tuesday, April 25, in Nevada. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at a later date. You may view obituary and send condolences online at...
Ting Chen Yuan Ray (4/27/17)Ting Chen Yuan Ray, 90, Nevada, passed away on Tuesday, April 25, at her home in Nevada. Ting Chen Yuan was born Feb. 12, 1927, in Guizhou, China. Ting Chen Yuan was raised by her mother, Zheng Shi,...
Charlene Wilson (4/26/17)Charlene Wilson, 82, Nevada, passed from this life on Tuesday, April 24, at Mercy Hospital in Joplin following a lengthy illness. Charlene was born Sept. 22, 1934, in Horton, to Orby Lee and Mildred...
Roena Frances Crawford (4/26/17)Roena Frances Crawford, 89, Willis, Texas, formerly of Nevada, died Saturday, April 22, at her home in Texas. She was born Feb. 17, 1928 in Camp Point, Ill., to Clarence and Beatrice (Dutton)...
Billy J. Shepherd Sr. (4/26/17)Billy J. Shepherd Sr., 60, Nevada, died April 22, at Freeman West Hospital in Joplin. No services are planned at this time. You may view obituary and send condolences online at...
Column: Generations, how quickly they pass (4/28/17)Editor’s note: This column originally ran in the June 17, 2010 edition of the Daily Mail, As I am writing this column two of my pre-school aged great-grandchildren are playing with a box of toys that we have moved from home to home since the grandfather of those children was small. Of course there have been some new additions. A wonderful marble construction toy was added by our youngest child. It was replacing a similar wooden one that her older brother loved even into his teens...
Column: A day that changed everything (4/28/17)In six days, the 47th anniversary of the Kent State Massacre will be observed. I reviewed several Internet sites, to gather pictures and accounts of that event. Again, I was reminded of just how much those few seconds of tragedy, and the upheaval that followed, changed America forever...
Column: Improving 911 services for Missourians (4/22/17)Missouri 126th District JEFFERSON CITY –– With three weeks to go until the end of Session, the Missouri House of Representatives is working diligently to finalize legislative priorities. We have had spirited debate and sent many bills to the Senate for consideration. Of special note is HB 334, designed to improve 911 services for all Missourians...
Column: Never too early to plan ahead (4/22/17)Hi neighbors. Driving around town last year I did notice several people still put out lawn gardens. Not enough for selling at the market, but enough to have fresh produce for your own table and a little to spare. Some people have larger gardens planting enough to harvest and save back by canning and freezing...
- Tigers capture first WCC golf crown1Led by its core senior trio, the Nevada Tigers claimed the West Central Conference golf championship Thursday at Nevada’s Frank E. Peters Municipal Golf Course. Nevada concluded play with a team score of 305, as Sedalia Smith-Cotton placed runner-up 18 strokes back of the Tigers...
- Lady Knights edged by Humansville
- Lady Tigers take gold at Cass-Midway Relays
- Lady Panthers fall to Lakeland
- Bronaugh’s Earnest K’s 14 in losing effort (4/26/17)
- Comets earn split with East Central to conclude regular season (4/26/17)
- Nevada falls to Warrensburg in home finale (4/26/17)
- Tigers tumble to Clinton in extra innings (4/25/17)
PetsJACK RUSSELL PUPPIES: APRI Registered, will come to you current on shots and worming. $350/cash. Taking deposits now! Call or text 620-224-8773
MiscellaneousSTRAW FOR SALE: small square bales $3.50 each, large 5'x6' round bales $35 each, 417-684-5324.
MiscellaneousOLD PHOTOGRAPHS copied and restored. Ralph Pokorny Photography, 221 E. Pacific St. Nevada, MO. 417-667-2112.