- Keep your pets in mind this Fourth (6/27/17)
- Lavern S. Hill, Jr. enters Alford plea and sentenced (6/27/17)
- Davis pleads guilty to financial exploitation (6/27/17)
- Midyear review by commissioners: part one (6/27/17)
- Wilma Elizabeth Wallis Dark (6/27/17)
- Daytime relay a success (6/26/17)
- 4-H second annual fishing derby (6/26/17)
- Hospital: net loss but gain in cash (6/26/17)
- Handcycling across America (6/23/17)
- Four decades of service (6/23/17)
Mary Ann Hastings (6/27/17)Mary Ann Hastings, age 86, a former resident of rural Bronaugh and more recently of Nevada, passed away early Saturday, June 24, at the Barone Alzheimer’s Care Center in Nevada. She was born May 24,...
Susanne Martin Burks (6/24/17)Susanne Martin Burks, a 1948 Nevada High School graduate, died on June 15, at age 87, in Parkland, Fla. Her son, Dr. Randy Burks of Parkland, Fla.; daughter, Julie Forbes of Tucson, Ariz.; five...
Fern Elizabeth Watts (6/24/17)Fern Elizabeth Watts, 93, Nevada, passed from this life on June 23, at Nevada Regional Medical Center in Nevada. Fern was born Sept. 3, 1923, in Rushmore, Minn., to Daniel I. and Jeanetta Rose...
Robert Gene Lawson (6/23/17)Robert Gene Lawson, 59, Sheldon, passed away on Tuesday, June 20, at his home in Sheldon. Robert was born May 30, 1958, in Clinton, to Cleo and Diana (Bybee) Lawson. Robert was raised in Clinton and...
Eula “Faye” Hester (6/23/17)Eula “Faye” Hester, 96, Nevada, passed away on Tuesday, June 20, at Barone Alzheimer’s Care Center in Nevada. Faye was born July 22, 1920, in Nevada to Watson Henry and Lettie Mae (Hunter) Shumaker....
Brittany Nicole Henderson (6/21/17)Brittany Nicole Henderson, 25, Nevada, died Saturday, June 17, at her home in Nevada. Brittany was born to Donald and Marsha Burris on June 23, 1991, in El Dorado Springs. Brittany met Bradley...
Letter to the Editor: Rude diners disrupt pleasant evening (6/24/17)Dear Editor: To the large group that was having a dinner/drunken party at a local restaurant in Nevada, the night of June 18. Who were seated in the East room of the restaurant on that Friday night. Your behavior was appalling and very rude, and to think you and your group thought you were so privileged that you never noticed what problems you all created and the people you disrespected by your rude behavior and out of control actions. ...
Column: Into the Missouri sunshine (6/24/17)On May 31, President Donald J. Trump proclaimed June 2017 as Great Outdoors Month. Most of us recognize Missouri is the perfect place to enjoy the great outdoors. Between hundreds of lakes offering boating, fishing and water sport fun, camping areas with scenic and historic sites, state and county fairs with much to see and do, rodeos, singing and dancing performances, Civil War reenactments and hundreds of local museums and points of interest: Missouri has it all! And most of it is always within a days drive.. ...
Column: New dispatch equipment to be installed (6/24/17)It can be a scary thing to have someone screaming for help over the phone to a dispatcher and not being able to get their location because the line disconnects or the person becomes unable to finish telling the dispatcher where they are. We once had multiple deputies driving up and down several county roads trying to locate a residence because the dispatchers were not able to get the entire address before the phone was ripped away from the person who was trying to place the 911 call. ...
Column: A log cabin beginning (6/23/17)Editor’s note: The following column originally appeared in the Oct. 16, 2009 edition of the Daily Mail. Eighty-five years ago tomorrow, Lester I. Thornton was born in a log cabin in Taney County, Mo., a few miles north of the Arkansas state line. He was the youngest of four children born to Ruic Harve and Smitha Jane Thornton. ...
- Mudcats make waves early, swamp Griffons with seven-run fourth (6/28/17)
- Nevada’s Gayman collects major hoops accolade (6/28/17)
- Nevada native Johnson triumphs at the speedway (6/28/17)
- Flying High: Richards-native Forkner sits in fifth place in Pro Motocross standings (6/28/17)
- Griffons outslug Outlaws, seal series with 17-7 victory (6/27/17)
- Local stocks on the rise: Nevadans punish competition, secure top spots at track (6/27/17)
- Big league dreams and beauty pageants (6/24/17)
MiscellaneousSTRAW FOR SALE: small square bales $3.00 each, 417-684-5324.
MiscellaneousOLD PHOTOGRAPHS copied and restored. Ralph Pokorny Photography, 221 E. Pacific St. Nevada, MO. 417-667-2112.