- Herbs give a taste of farming (8/18/17)
- Still going strong (8/17/17)
- Nevada Police Dept. earns accreditation (8/15/17)
- Cottey Partner Fair coming Saturday (8/15/17)
- Derry pleads guilty and is sentenced (8/14/17)
- Jeannie Jane “J.J.” Cherry (8/11/17)
- Schell youth wins UKC National show (8/11/17)
- KOAM honors local 4-state heroes (8/10/17)
- School starts soon, get ready (8/10/17)
- Little Free Library needs help (8/8/17)
William Kent “Bill” EadorWilliam Kent “Bill” Eador, 65, Nevada, passed from this earth on Sunday, Aug. 20, at Nevada Regional Medical Center in Nevada. Bill was born Feb. 28, 1952, in Nevada to Willis Earl and Mary Minerva...
Steven Lewis MoyerSteven Lewis Moyer, 62, Nevada, passed away suddenly on Friday, Aug. 18, at Nevada Regional Medical Center in Nevada. Steven was born Sept. 10, 1954, in Kansas City, Kan., to Charles William and...
Robert “Bob” Robertson (8/18/17)Robert “Bob” Robertson, 91, of Richards, died Aug. 16, at Joplin Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, in Joplin. Graveside services will be held, Saturday, Sept. 16, at 11 a.m., at Newton Burial...
Donna Mae Hulse (8/18/17)Donna Mae Hulse, 74, Bronaugh, passed from this life on Aug. 18, at Mercy Hospital in Ft. Scott. Donna was born Sept. 14, 1942, in Sheldon, to Orville Leon and Helen Frances (Highley) Jones. On June...
(Ina) Marjorie Miller Young (8/15/17)Marjorie Young, 98, went to be with her Lord Monday afternoon, Aug. 14, from the comfort of her own home in Nevada. Marjorie was born April 25, 1919, in Dallas County to her parents, I.N. (Isaac) and...
Norma Lee Payton (8/12/17)Norma Lee Payton, 64, of Nevada, died Thursday, Aug. 10, at Nevada Nursing & Rehab in Nevada. She was born on July 3, 1953 in Kansas City, Mo., to William “Bill” and Betty (Brown) Meals. No services...
Column: Food documentary highlights hot topics (8/19/17)Missouri Farm Bureau This is a story about that time I was in a movie, one called “Food Evolution,” a documentary about genetic engineering. I had two lines filmed in our kitchen, with my wife Julie in the background. The film crew spent a day with my family, filming harvest and asking us to prepare lunch in the field for around 40 people, including all of our family, neighbors, the film crew, the sound guys, the tech guys and, in this instance, the guy who ran the drone...
Column: Nutritional minefield (8/19/17)“You are what you eat” is a familiar expression that is largely true. Your diet is extremely important with regard to your health and, along with exercise, accounts for around 80 percent of your “wellness” level. If you regularly consume burgers, fries, chips, and other “fast foods,” you are likely on the road to frequent doctor visits, ingestion of multiple pharmaceutical formulations, hospital stays and an early grave. ...
Column: Whiling away the hours (8/18/17)The following column originally ran in the Sept. 16, 2010 edition of the Daily Mail. While I am waiting for my laundry to get done, I thought I would while away the time for a while. Since our society is letting the Internet take over these days, I thought that instead of turning to my trusted dictionary for a while, I would see what the Internet says about a much-used word...
Column: Missouri preps for total solar eclipse (8/18/17)Missouri’s 126th Dist. JEFFERSON CITY, MO — Hundreds of thousands of tourists will make their way to Missouri next week to participate in what will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience for many of them. It is on Aug. 21 that the moon will obstruct the light of the sun to create a total solar eclipse...
- Nevada R-5 athletics embarks on WCC farewell tourJohn McNeley is pleased with the overall direction of Nevada R-5 athletics. “We feel good about our coaching staff,” said McNeley. “It’s a veteran group that has been around the block a time or two. Our coaches have a feel for what true success is.”...
- Undermanned Tigers JV and freshman teams eclipsed by Seneca
- Clouse Call: Tigers succumb to Seneca in season opener, 28-20 (8/19/17)
- Neptunes conclude season on high-note at Tri-State finals (8/19/17)
- Camping: A time-honored tradition (8/19/17)
- Nevada cross country opens season Tuesday (8/19/17)
- Friday Night Lights: Beachler, Tigers locked and loaded for season-opener (8/18/17)
- Lady Tigers volleyball participates in jamboree (8/18/17)
Coin auctionCoin & Currency Auction, 611 Main, Mindenmines, MO. Tuesday, September 12 6:30pm. (417) 842-3000 day of sale. (620) 423-6600 before.
Information NeededI am looking for any information on Mary Jo Salley (maiden name Tate) she was married to a man named Raymond Salley. It is a long story, that I will go into detail if you know her, but to summarize, she left 4 children in California in 1968, I am...
MiscellaneousSTRAW FOR SALE: small square bales $3.00 each, 417-684-5324.
MiscellaneousOLD PHOTOGRAPHS copied and restored. Ralph Pokorny Photography, 221 E. Pacific St. Nevada, MO. 417-667-2112.