- Steve Branstetter, Long Term Care administrator
- City council recognizes Ernsbarger (3/23/18)
- What does ‘farm to fork’ mean to you? (3/21/18)
- St. Patrick’s Day fun (3/20/18)
- Home show kicks off (3/17/18)
- 40 meet on economic development (3/16/18)
- Missouri House and Nevada Lions Club honor Ernsbarger (3/14/18)
- Bronaugh R-7 board adopts new online program (3/13/18)
- Joanna Perkins: NRMC nurse for 50 years (3/9/18)1
- Democratic Party hears about initiative (3/7/18)
Onie LaVena Pilcher (3/21/18)Onie LaVena Pilcher, 71, passed away on Monday, March 19, at Nevada Regional Medical Center in Nevada following a sudden illness. LaVena was born Oct. 26, 1946, in Blytheville, Ark., to Robert...
Trevor Norris Cadigan (3/21/18)Trevor Norris Cadigan, son of Nancy Norris Cadigan (NHS class of 1973) and Jerry Cadigan, passed away on March 11, 2018, in a tragic helicopter accident in New York City. Trevor was the grandson of...
Tim L. Spangler (3/20/18)Tim L. Spangler, of Stockton, was called home to our Lord on Wednesday, March 14. Tim was born in Kansas City, Mo., on Oct. 5, 1955, to Romey F. “Bud” and Anna Lee Spangler. He spent a happy...
Tim Spangler (3/17/18)Tim Spangler, 62, Stockton, died. Services will be Sunday at the Stockton Christian Church at 2 p.m. Arrangements are under the direction of Bland-Brumback Funeral Home, Stockton.
Herbert “Alan” Hoover (3/16/18)Herbert “Alan” Hoover, 80, Nevada, passed away on Wednesday, March 14, at Barone Alzheimer’s Care Center in Nevada. Alan was born April 14, 1937, in El Paso, Texas, to George Edwin and Dorothy...
Opal Irene Fleming (3/16/18)Opal Irene Fleming, age 91, of Joplin, Mo., (previously a longtime resident of Nevada), passed away on Tuesday, March 13, while a patient at Mercy Hospital in Springfield. She had been in good health...
Column: Never feed feral animals or traveling men (3/24/18)Hi neighbors. It’s a beautiful day in Nevada! Spring is here; we have no snow although still some frosty mornings. Robins are here from the south. Squirrels are awake and chirping like mad. The neighborhood cottontail is making its rounds through backyards in at least a four-block area each day. I’ve nicknamed it Hopper and it will come to within four feet of me, although usually by mistake...
Column: That boy has the demon of alcohol in him! (3/24/18)Trying to explain something simple to a drunk person is like trying to teach a two-year-old how to build a flow chart for NASA. They look at you very intently for a minute and then ask the smartest question they can to let you know they are listening. ...
Column: Has the newspaper come yet? (3/23/18)When newspapers were scarce sometimes it would be several days before we could get a current newspaper. Grit was one of the papers that was usually on time and full of news. Since adults had very few opportunities for news they were very appreciative of finding the news...
Column: All Aboard (3/23/18)Fifty-eight years ago, Monday, March 21, 1960, the final conductor call for railroad passenger service in Nevada occurred. The railroads that serviced Nevada in our past history, are now diminutive shadows of that “Golden Age.” This story came from old Daily Mail archives. These clippings give one a glimpse back into our collective past. There is a lot more than the railroad history...
- Comets dispatch East Central, stretch win streak to 13UNION, Mo. — Since dropping their first two games of the season in early February, the Cottey Comets have been on a tear — as Thursday’s doubleheader sweep of East Central College extended Cottey softball’s school-record win streak to 13 games. Cottey (13-2) powered past East Central in the opener, 15-12, and then prevailed in the nightcap, 5-4...
- Triumphant Tigers conquer Neosho Invitational for fifth consecutive season
- Hume freshman pitcher Harris shuts out NEVC
- Missouri great for fishing
- Lady Tigers secure runner-up finish at Butler track-and-field Invitational (3/23/18)
- Nevada’s Gayman selected to MBCA Class 4 All-State team (3/23/18)
- Tigers power past Warrensburg, 7-5, to secure opening day victory (3/23/18)
- Sheldon derailed by NEVC in twinbill (3/23/18)
- Nevada golf team in rebuild-mode after losing star trio to graduation (3/21/18)
- NHS baseball opener pushed back to Thursday (3/21/18)
- Lady Tigers place second at Neosho Open House track meet (3/21/18)
Latest State & Nation News