- Relay for Life kicks off 2018 season (11/14/17)
- Pecan harvest looks good (11/9/17)
- Hats off to a hat maker (11/7/17)
- NHS celebrates students (11/6/17)
- Braman is new hospital CEO (11/3/17)
- Phase two bids opened (11/2/17)
- Old and new leaders at hospital board meeting (10/31/17)
- New psychiatrist at NRMC (10/30/17)
- World class orthopedist at NRMC (10/27/17)
- Youth task force and NHS mark Red Ribbon Week (10/26/17)
Elnora Mae WallaceElnora Mae Wallace, 99 of Walker, passed away on Wednesday, Nov. 15, at Nevada Regional Medical Center. Elnora was born Oct. 22, 1918, in Horton, to George S. and Martha (Kimrey) Robison. She was...
Matthew Gene Welborn (11/15/17)Matthew Gene Welborn died Friday, Nov. 10, at the age of 58. He was born to Lula Pratt Welborn and Joseph Eugene (Gene) Welborn on Aug. 5, 1959. Services and complete obituary are pending. Family...
Beverly Elaine (Sherman) Conway (11/15/17)Beverly Elaine (Sherman) Conway died on Tuesday, Nov. 14. Beverly was the first born to Glen and Elaine Sherman of El Dorado Springs, on June 25, 1939. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Friday, Nov....
Clifford Eugene Leonard (11/15/17)Clifford Eugene Leonard, 62, Milo, passed away on Monday, Nov. 13, at Nevada Regional Medical Center in Nevada. Cliff was born Sept. 22, 1955 in Cabool, Mo., to Eugene and Velma Irene (Pierce)...
Franklin D. Brown Jr. (11/15/17)Franklin D. Brown Jr., 83, passed away peacefully on Nov. 10, at Mercy Hospice in Johnston, Iowa. He was born in St. Louis, Mo., on Feb. 20, 1934, to Helen (Whorton) and Franklin Brown Sr. Franklin...
Evelyn Marie Saathoff Irwin (11/14/17)Evelyn Marie Saathoff Irwin, of Bronaugh, passed away quietly at Nevada Regional Medical Center on Thursday, Nov. 9. Evelyn was born on Oct. 4, 1927, to John G. and Anna (Willers) Saathoff. Evelyn...
Column: Iíve Got Mail! (11/17/17)I have always liked to have a cat. Morningside allows pets if they stay in your apartment and you pay a deposit. My niece, Dr. Ruth Massey, DVM works with some animals who need a home and they thought a calico they were caring for would fit in nicely with me. ...
Column: Forgetting how to spell your name; the tell-tale sign you have a warrant (11/14/17)It can be hard always being on the run with warrants out for you, peeking out the curtain before going outside, looking over your shoulder to make sure you havenít been spotted and one slight problem like a headlight out could result in your arrest because of the warrant...
Column: Re-travelled trails (11/10/17)This week one of my sons and two daughters returned to the Thornton home area in Taney County to attend the funeral of Lesterís brother Paul Thornton who had died at 99 years of age in the Veteranís Home at Mt. Vernon. Mo. His death left only their sister, Opal, from the Harve and Jenny Thornton family that farmed near Ocie, Mo., in the early 1900s...
Column: The story of Wilbur (11/4/17)Hi neighbors. My daughter shared with me a box of letters she had purchased at an antique shop. She didnít know anything about the person the letters were all addressed to; but she was intrigued that there was an entire box of them; all dated in the early 1950s...
- Tigers, Lady Tigers look sharp at home hoops jamboreeIt was an excellent unofficial start to the basketball season for both the Nevada Tiger and Lady Tiger basketball teams, as Nevada High School hosted a three-school hoops jamboree Thursday. The jamboree was comprised of Nevada, Cassville and Seneca, with each team scrimmaging each other. ...
- Tigers get top seed for Carthage Invitational
- Lady Tigers secure top seed for CJ Classic
- Tigers, Lady Tigers to host hoops jamboree (11/15/17)
- Kehler, Beatty represent Cottey at NJCAA cross country championships (11/15/17)
- Nevada High School winter sports athletes take center stage (11/15/17)
- Season preview: Tiger basketball sets sights on district championship and beyond (11/13/17)
- Tiger middle school wrestling team opens season in Columbus (11/13/17)
- Comets fall to North Arkansas, 94-55 (11/13/17)
- Schell-Osage and Four Rivers conservation areas boast rich duck hunting tradition (11/9/17)
- Nevada High star forward signs with ACU (11/9/17)
Latest State & Nation News