- Planning commission recommends city council add Camp Clark MOU to Comprehensive Plan (5/23/17)
- Storm damage goes unreported (5/23/17)
- Hospital board adopts Long Term Care budget (5/23/17)
- NEVC school board going paperless (5/22/17)
- NHS class of 2017 (5/22/17)
- Governing priorities (5/22/17)
- ‘Fight Night’ lawsuit amended (5/20/17)
- Nevada woman sentenced for trading “Food Stamps” for meth, cash (5/20/17)
- Ambulance district board watches demo of new CPR tool (5/19/17)
- Rotary District hosts international visitors (5/19/17)
Ray Maynard Barnes (5/24/17)Ray Maynard Barnes, 91, Nevada, passed away peacefully on May 22, at Morningside Assisted Living in Nevada. He was born in Ottawa, Kan., to Leslie and Amelia Barnes on Feb. 2, 1926. He married Melba...
Glen Harvey Foster (5/24/17)Glen Harvey Foster, a loving husband, father, grandfather, great-grandfather and friend, passed away on May 20. He was born on Oct. 31, 1938, in Montrose, Colo., and graduated from Russell High...
Roy A. Slates (5/23/17)Roy A. Slates, 63, Nevada, passed away on Saturday, May 20, at Barton County Memorial Hospital in Lamar. Roy was born March 19, 1954, in Carthage, to Glen “Gilbert” and Wilma G. (Dickerson) Slates....
Lois Darlene Houston (5/23/17)Lois Darlene Houston, age 86, a resident of rural Richards, passed away Saturday, May 20, at the St. Luke’s Hospice House in Kansas City, Mo. She was born Dec. 14, 1930, in Enid, Okla., the daughter...
Melvin Higgins (5/23/17)Melvin Higgins, age 88, a resident of Richards, died Friday, May 19, at the Moore-Few Care Center, Nevada. He was born March 2, 1929, in Richards, the son of Charley and Jennie Tucker Higgins. He...
Ethan Jordan Barnes (5/20/17)Ethan Jordan Barnes, 19, Nevada, passed away on Monday, May 15, at his home in Nevada. Ethan was born Oct. 22, 1997, in Nevada, to Thomas Cody Barnes and Stacey Marie Bonine Wolf. Ethan grew up in...
Column: Don’t look behind that curtain! part four (5/23/17)Editor’s Note: This is the fourth of a four part series. By Dr. Ron Jones “What gets us into trouble is not what we don’t know. It’s what we know for sure that just ain’t so.” — Mark Twain The coziness between the Centers for Disease Control and the pharmaceutical industry is similar to the relation between the Food and Drug Administration and large agricultural companies. ...
Column: Legislators wrap up productive 2017 session (5/20/17)Missouri’s 126th District JEFFERSON CITY, MO – The Missouri House of Representatives wrapped up a productive legislative session May 13. While lawmakers sent a lower number of bills than normal to the governor, those that did make it included many of the policy priorities that were laid out by the House Speaker during his opening day address. ...
Column: May is National Water Safety Month (5/20/17)Hello neighbors. During the warmer days in spring and summer, many people like to take trips to the local lakes and rivers. People with boats like to go either sailing or motor boating, others like slow moving boats for fishing and others like boats that scarcely move at all for spending a weekend on rather like a camper on the water...
Column: The cyber world of summer vacation (5/20/17)This month, schools will be letting out for the summer and for most kids, the fun begins. Swimming, riding bikes, and all the other activities that come with a few months of freedom from school. I have mentioned before the increased danger of online perpetrators for children. ...
- Winless regular-season culminates in trip to state tournament for BallardNot many high school baseball teams have gone winless during the regular season, only to rebound and win their district tournament. The Ballard Bulldogs are now members of this exclusive club, having compiled an 0-6 record during a rain-shortened regular-season before running the table in the recent Class 1 District 8 tournament to earn a trip to the Class 1 state tournament...
- Nevada track-and-field team holds annual awards banquet (5/23/17)
- Area athletes collect GVVC baseball accolades (5/23/17)
- Nevada Speedway races rained out (5/23/17)
- Beshore, Ast qualify for state track-and-field meet (5/23/17)
- Tigers’ 8-and-under team dominates youth tourney (5/23/17)
- Cottey runner Pereira nets All-American honors (5/23/17)
- Nine area athletes make All-GVVC softball team (5/23/17)
Hunting LeaseLooking to lease a place to deer hunt. Most likely 3 hunters but depends on the size of the property. Please call Zack @ 918-781-9990
MiscellaneousSTRAW FOR SALE: small square bales $3.50 each, large 5'x6' round bales $35 each, 417-684-5324.
MiscellaneousOLD PHOTOGRAPHS copied and restored. Ralph Pokorny Photography, 221 E. Pacific St. Nevada, MO. 417-667-2112.