The Nevada Fire Department responded to a report of a fire at 522 W. Cherry. On arrival, it was advised by the occupant, Jannell Friedli, that the water heater was on fire. Interior crews determinded that the fire burned itself out. The structure was ventilated to get all the smoke from the structure. The damage was limited to only the water heater with a loss listed at $300.
The Nevada Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 809 N. West. On arrival, the crew found a fire in the basement bedroom. The fire was extinguished. The residence had smoke and heat damage. The fire damage was confined to the fire place. The structure had about $30,000 in damages.