Nevada Daily Mail
Nevada High School's girls' swim team competed in the Springfield Invitational, hosted by Glendale High School Saturday.
Notre Dame de Sion won the event with 340 team points, with Glendale second at 326 and Lafayette third at 319.5.
With 25 teams, 318 swimmers and 27 divers, the meet is one of the area's biggest.
Springfield Kickapoo, St. Teresa's Academy, Columbia Rock Bridge, Nixa, Columbia Hickman, St. Pius X, Springfield Central, Carthage, Ozark, Pembroke Hill, Logan-Rogersville, Joplin, Marshall, Poplar Bluff, Cape Central, Springfield Hillcrest and Summit Prep were among the teams competing.
Placing for Nevada were:
* 200-yard medley relay -- 18th, 2:26.09
* 200-yard freestyle -- 49th, Elizabeth Prewitt, 2:39.51; 66th, Maddie Gordon, 3:04.68
* 200-yard individual medley -- 45th, Lize Smith, 3:19.01
* 50-yard freestyle -- 23rd, Tayrin Schmitt, 28.20; 39th, Abbie Landoll, 29.53; 55th, Melody Reichard, 31.04
* 100-yard butterfly -- 42nd, Lize Smith, 1:39.63
* 100-yard freestyle -- 43rd, Abbie Landoll, 1:09.66; 46th, Elizabeth Prewitt, 1:10.91
* 100-yard backstroke -- 35th , Melody Reichard, 1:17.79; 62nd, Maddie Gordon, 1:44.82
* 100-yard breaststroke -- 17th, Tayrin Schmitt, 1:20.23
Nevada is scheduled to be back in the pool today, heading back out on the road to compete in a meet in Webb City with the hosts, Springfield Central, Logan-Rogersville, Carthage, Lamar and Seymour all scheduled to be in attendance.