Veterans Day activities planned for area communities
Veterans Day is observed every year on Nov. 11 to honor military veterans of the United States Armed Forces. Several events have been planned for next week to commemorate the holiday, beginning on Thursday, Nov. 10.
The 2022 Veterans Day Parade will be held on the Nevada Square on Nov. 11. Entries are now being accepted at the Nevada Housing Authority, Chamber of Commerce, and Kitchen Essentials. Parade entry forms may be submitted to the administrative office of the housing authority by the end of business day on Tuesday, Nov. 8. Forms may also be faxed to (417) 448-2733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The parade will line up at 2:30 p.m., on Nov. 11, and begin at 3 p.m. The staging area for all entries will be at the corner of Cherry and Elm streets, in the parking lot.
Other activities in the community and surrounding area include:
Thursday, Nov. 10
• Bronaugh Schools will host a Veterans Day assembly at 9 a.m. (527 6th St., Bronaugh, Mo.)
• Nevada Eagles Auxiliary will host a Veterans' Dinner from 6 to 8 p.m. (3313 E. Austin Blvd., Nevada, Mo.)
Friday, Nov. 11
• Sheldon Schools will host a Veterans Day assembly at 9:15 a.m. (100 E. Gene Lathrop Drive, Sheldon, Mo.)
• Hume Schools will host a Veterans Day assembly at 10:30 a.m. (9131 1st St., Hume, Mo.)
• Nevada High School will host a Veterans' Breakfast at 9 a.m. (800 W. Hickory St., Nevada, Mo.)
• Nevada High School will host a Veterans Day assembly at 11 a.m. (800 W. Hickory St., Nevada, Mo.)
• Nevada Elks Lodge will host a Veterans' Lunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Veterans are invited to return to the lodge following the parade. (510 N. Centennial Blvd.)
• American Legion will host a Veterans' Lunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (402 E. Cherry St.)
• VFW will host a Veterans' Dinner from 5 to 7 p.m. (16884 S. 1200 Road)
Monday, Nov. 14
• Rich Hill Schools will host a Veterans assembly, followed by lunch, at 10:30 a.m. (703 N. 3rd St., Rich Hill, Mo.)