- 2018 marks 150th year for Osage Lodge 303
- Governor shares priorities
- Community members come together in wake of tragedy (11/7/18)
- Bronaugh aldermen discuss budget (11/7/18)
- Area events planned for Veteranís Day (11/7/18)
- Election results in Vernon County (11/7/18)
- Hospital plan for profitability (10/31/18)
- Nevada poet gets book deal (10/31/18)
- Fall Fun Days dubbed a success (10/30/18)
- Author and TV personality speaks to R-5 students (10/30/18)
Lisa Dawn (Hagerman) StarkLisa Dawn (Hagerman) Stark, 56, formerly of Nevada, passed away on Monday, Nov. 5, 2018, at her home in Hemet, Calif. The daughter of Roy Hagerman and Rita Nall, she was born Jan. 8, 1962, in El...
Kristy Lee ClarkKristy Lee Clark, 34, Nevada, Mo., died on Monday, Nov. 12, 2018, in Nevada. Kristy was born May 24, 1984, in Fayetteville, Ark., to Randy Lee and Dora Sue (Canaday) Clark. A memorial service will...
Evelyn Sue SchreinerEvelyn Sue Schreiner, 75, Nevada, Mo. passed away on Monday, Nov. 12, 2018, at her home in Nevada. Evelyn was born Aug. 19, 1943, in Berryville, Ark., to Glenn Loren and Mildred Frances (Lander)...
Orville F. EllisOrville F. Ellis passed from this earth on Nov. 11, 2018. Orville was born Nov. 23, 1919, in a one-room log cabin located in Maries County, Mo., to James Laymon and Mayme Louise [Shelton] Ellis. He...
Mable Irene FlewellingMable Irene Flewelling, 97, Nevada, Mo., passed away on Saturday, Nov. 10, 2018, at Moore-Few Care center in Nevada. Mable was born Nov. 7, 1921, to Charles and Melissa (Thompson) Sallee. She married...
Parker Arthur Nielson (11/10/18)Parker Arthur Nielson 62, of Nevada passed away unexpectedly at his home, Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018. Parker was born April 18, 1956, in Cape Canaveral, Fla., to Joseph Nelson and Wyelene Mae (Hudson)...
- Comets bested by Bellevue 64-43, fall to 0-5BELLEVUE, Neb. ó A 21-point road loss to Bellevue University on Saturday extended the Cottey Cometsí losing skid to five games. The transition from two-year JUCO to four-year NAIA competition has not gone smoothly thus far for the Comet basketball team, with Cottey losing by an average of 29 points per game. Despite the 21-point loss, Cottey was able to hold Bellevue (6-1) well under their season-average of 95 points per contest...
- BREAKING: Hines captures gold in 50, 100-free at Class 1 state championship meet (11/11/18)
- Departure of First-Team All-State forward Clay Gayman leaves many unknowns for Nevada High basketball (11/10/18)
- Nevada High student-athletes share the spotlight (11/9/18)
- Gayman shines in collegiate debut (11/9/18)
- Comets fade in fourth, fall to Spires, 68-46 (11/9/18)
- Nevadaís Beshore places 66th at state XC meet (11/6/18)
- Nevada Middle School basketball teams blast Butler (11/6/18)
- Local youth golfer Cameron wraps Kansas City Fall Tour on high-note (11/6/18)
- Comets drop pair at Iowa tournament, fall to 0-3 (11/6/18)
- NHS volleyball quartet collects accolades (11/3/18)