- Ferree steps down after 39 years (6/12/19)
- MU Extension hears update on 4-H 100 year anniversary plans (6/11/19)
- Water treatment plant improvements discussed (6/8/19)
- Mental Health Committee hears from new group (6/7/19)
- Despite rain, fairgrounds work progressing (6/5/19)
- CDI HS prepares for Head Start transition (5/31/19)
- Mayor answers questions at first coffee (5/29/19)
- West Central appeals recent Head Start decision (5/22/19)
- Council approves Aug. 6 special election for half-cent sales tax (5/22/19)
Jennifer Kennedy DeanJennifer Kennedy Dean, 65, of Marion, Ky., passed away Wednesday, June 12, 2019, at her home. Jennifer was the Executive Director of The Praying Life Foundation and a respected author and speaker....
Steven Louis FinleySteven Louis Finley, 53, of Nevada, Mo., passed away at his home on Saturday, June 15, 2019. He was born in Nevada, Mo., on May 24, 1966, the son of Byron and Frances Barker Finley. He graduated from...
Caroline Margareth WeberCaroline Margareth Weber, 76, was freed from her pain on June 15, 2019, to be with the Lord. Caroline was born on April 16, 1943, in Cresco, Iowa, to George J. and Stella (Hemann) Weber. She grew up...
Kenya Lynn Storm (6/12/19)Kenya Lynn Storm, 58, of Nevada passed away Friday, June 7, 2019, at Mercy Hospital in Springfield, following a sudden illness. Kenya was born May 31, 1961, in Wurzburg, Germany, the daughter of Paul...
Margaret Evelyn Fitzgerald Anderson (6/12/19)Margaret Evelyn Fitzgerald Anderson, 75, passed away on Saturday, June 8, 2019, in her home in Independence, Mo., from a brief battle with cancer. She was born on June 23, 1943, in Fort Scott, Kan.,...
Earl Calvin Foster (6/11/19)Earl Calvin Foster, 93, of Nevada, passed away on Monday, June 10, 2019, at the Moore-Few Care Center in Nevada. Calvin was born on June 22, 1925, in Pocahontas, Iowa, to Earl W. and Pearlie Wilma...
Griffons battered for 20 runs, fall to St. Joe's, 20-16Coughing up 20 runs in a baseball game is typically an insurmountable obstacle. This was the case for the Nevada Griffons on Saturday, as they were upended 20-16 in a MINK League road-clash with the St. Joseph Mustangs. The loss moves Nevada to 3-7 overall...
- Griffons edge Outlaws in Mink League South division clash, 8-7 (6/15/19)
- Bullpen woes plague Griffons, drop to 1-6 (6/12/19)
- Despite major setback Forkner blazes to career-defining season on Supercross circuit (6/8/19)
- Neptunes open summer swim season in Monett (6/8/19)
- Tiger youth hoops camp slated for upcoming week at Wynn Gym (6/8/19)
- Goin' to Kansas City: El Do's Boyd drafted by Royals (6/7/19)
- Griffons dropped by Bombers, 9-5 (6/7/19)
- NHS football camp on tap, June 10-13 (6/7/19)
- Harrison's walk-off propels Griffons past defending MINK League champ Bombers, 4-3 (6/5/19)
Latest State & Nation News