- What does ‘farm to fork’ mean to you? (3/21/18)
- St. Patrick’s Day fun (3/20/18)
- Home show kicks off (3/17/18)
- 40 meet on economic development (3/16/18)
- Missouri House and Nevada Lions Club honor Ernsbarger (3/14/18)
- Bronaugh R-7 board adopts new online program (3/13/18)
- Joanna Perkins: NRMC nurse for 50 years (3/9/18)1
- Democratic Party hears about initiative (3/7/18)
- Geraldine Ogle to turn 102 (3/6/18)
- NHS student-athletes garner Academic All-State accolades (3/3/18)
Onie LaVena Pilcher (3/21/18)Onie LaVena Pilcher, 71, passed away on Monday, March 19, at Nevada Regional Medical Center in Nevada following a sudden illness. LaVena was born Oct. 26, 1946, in Blytheville, Ark., to Robert...
Trevor Norris Cadigan (3/21/18)Trevor Norris Cadigan, son of Nancy Norris Cadigan (NHS class of 1973) and Jerry Cadigan, passed away on March 11, 2018, in a tragic helicopter accident in New York City. Trevor was the grandson of...
Tim L. Spangler (3/20/18)Tim L. Spangler, of Stockton, was called home to our Lord on Wednesday, March 14. Tim was born in Kansas City, Mo., on Oct. 5, 1955, to Romey F. “Bud” and Anna Lee Spangler. He spent a happy...
Tim Spangler (3/17/18)Tim Spangler, 62, Stockton, died. Services will be Sunday at the Stockton Christian Church at 2 p.m. Arrangements are under the direction of Bland-Brumback Funeral Home, Stockton.
Herbert “Alan” Hoover (3/16/18)Herbert “Alan” Hoover, 80, Nevada, passed away on Wednesday, March 14, at Barone Alzheimer’s Care Center in Nevada. Alan was born April 14, 1937, in El Paso, Texas, to George Edwin and Dorothy...
Opal Irene Fleming (3/16/18)Opal Irene Fleming, age 91, of Joplin, Mo., (previously a longtime resident of Nevada), passed away on Tuesday, March 13, while a patient at Mercy Hospital in Springfield. She had been in good health...
Column: What a difference our dresses make (3/9/18)When I was killing time in the doctor‘s office I found a yearbook about 1930 or 40. Some of the pictures are very interesting. The girls are all wearing bobby socks and saddle shoes and most of them were wearing either jackets or light coats in the pictures. When they were changing classes the girls were also wearing head scarfs. They all were wearing dresses along with their wraps...
Column: Mr. Wizard (3/9/18)There was once a television show titled, “Mr. Wizard.” The star and creator of the show was Donald Jeffery Herbert (Wikipedia). To kids from my baby boomer generation, his show which ran on Saturday mornings from 1951-1965, was must-see television. I was reminded of Mr. ...
Column: March is here! (3/3/18)Hi neighbors. March is here! There are some celebrations special to this month. Women’s History Month, National Nutrition Month, Irish-American Heritage Month and the American Red Cross Month. Irish-American Heritage Month offers much recognition of this ethnic group who helped form American culture. Saint Patrick’s Day is only one day, but Irish-American heritages are celebrated all month. Check your ancestors. Most likely there is an Irish link in there somewhere...
Editorial: Love is the answer (3/3/18)The week of Valentine’s Day I was planning on writing an editorial for the Saturday edition about love and what it means to me. But on Valentine’s Day itself a young man filled with hate walked into a school in Parkland, Fla., and murdered 17 people and my heart broke and I couldn’t bring myself to write the words I had intended to write...
- Nevada golf team in rebuild-mode after losing star trio to graduationIn the immortal words of former Boston Celtics head coach Rick Pitino, “Larry Bird is not walking through that door; Kevin McHale is not walking through that door; Robert Parrish is not walking through that door.” The same holds true for Nevada High School golf, with its star-studded cast of Patrick Ferry, John Quitno, and Jacob Hammontree having all departed after graduating last May...
- NHS baseball opener pushed back to Thursday (3/21/18)
- Lady Tigers place second at Neosho Open House track meet (3/21/18)
- Former NEVC pitching standout Conner takes over reins of Lady Knights’ softball program (3/20/18)
- Panthers enter season with district championship aspirations (3/20/18)
- Nevada High School track-and-field debuts today in Neosho (3/20/18)
- Comets rock Dodge City Community College, extend school-record win streak to 11 (3/16/18)
- Experienced Nevada netters locked-and-loaded for upcoming season (3/16/18)
- Tiger middle schoolers gearing up for track-and-field season (3/14/18)
- Nevada High student-athletes fare well at state powerlifting meet (3/14/18)
- Nevada High’s Bartlett, Gray collect WCC Coach of the Year honors (3/13/18)