- Nevada fares well at Fort Scott Invitational (4/22/18)
- Postmaster provides tips to chew on (4/21/18)
- County buys new election machines (4/21/18)
- NEVC R-1 board sets goals (4/20/18)
- William Joel Stone died 100 years ago (4/14/18)
- Starting STEM early (4/13/18)
- Remembering crime victims (4/11/18)1
- New council members sworn in (4/10/18)
- Flynn donates photos (4/7/18)
- Army STEM demonstration team visits NHS (4/6/18)
Jackie L. GordonJackie L. Gordon, 82, Nevada, died Monday, April 23, at Mercy Hospital in Joplin, Mo. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Saturday, April 28, at Ferry Funeral Home in Nevada. Interment will...
Euell Lee Beard (4/21/18)Euell Lee Beard, 92, Walker, Mo., passed away on Thursday, April 19, 2018 at his home in rural Vernon County. Euell was born July 14, 1925 in Valley City, MO to Hollie and Laura May (Bowling) Beard....
Oma Lee (Biggs) Beshore (4/20/18)Oma Lee (Biggs) Beshore, 88, Nevada, passed away on Thursday, April 19, at Moore-Few Care Center in Nevada following a brief illness. Oma, one of 12 children, was born April 3, 1930, in El Dorado...
Euell Lee Beard (4/20/18)Euell Lee Beard, 92, Walker, died Thursday, April 19. Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. on Thursday, April 26, at First Baptist Church in Nevada. Interment will follow in Newton Burial Park in...
Leonard Peter Zoglmann (4/20/18)Leonard Peter Zoglmann, 66, Nevada, passed from this life on Tuesday, April 17, at his daughter’s home in Nevada following a brief illness. Len was born July 14, 1951, in Wellington, Kan., to Irwin...
Delera I. Vinson (4/17/18)Delera I. Vinson, 91 of Nevada died Sunday, April 15, at Moore-Few Care Center in Nevada. She was born May 11, 1926, in Fort Payne, Ala., to William P. and Nina M. (Croft) Howard. She married James...
Column: Martha’s recipe book re-do (4/21/18)I took a stroll down memory lane the last couple of weeks as I revamped my receipt file. I started collecting and clipping receipts when I was still single. Mostly dishes from restaurants that I liked. Clipped from the pages of the Kansas City Times. Just clipped and put in a shoe box...
Column: A dying wish and freedom bound (4/21/18)Shortly after the beginning of the Civil War in 1861, hundreds of African Americans escaped from slavery by following the Union Army or fleeing to Union camps and became refugees of the war. In some situations many of the slaves were too old to escape so they waited for the arrival of the soldiers in Blue in hopes of being freed. ...
Column: Surprises (4/21/18)Hi neighbors. Surprises can be fun, and we all love those special occasions when our friends or family surprise us with the gift of a party, a meal out, or simple gifts. But we all get surprises we don’t appreciate sometimes. Remember when in school and in an apparent afterthought, the teacher smiles and tells the class to sharpen their pencils because she is handing out a pop quiz!...
Column: Creature of habit (4/20/18)I am, as the title of this story states, a creature of habit. I practice many routines, as a result of many years of predisposition toward certain near obsessive behaviors. This idea came to me while I was completing the annual spring vinegar cleaning of my coffee pot...
- Tigers crush Center, 11-1, complete season-sweepKANSAS CITY, Mo. — Nevada High’s baseball team extended its win streak to four games Friday, while also completing the season-season sweep of West Central Conference foe Center H.S. Yellowjackets with an impressive 11-1 victory. In their first match-up of the season on April 10 at Lyons Stadium, the Tigers toppled Center 12-2 in six innings...
- Nevada netters scorch the courts, win eight of nine to open season (4/22/18)
- Sheldon's Bogart nets bronze in Lamar (4/21/18)
- Lady Hornets hammer Ballard in twinbill, improve to 5-0 (4/21/18)
- NMS track-and-field competes in Webb City (4/21/18)
- Cottey granted full membership into NAIA (4/21/18)
- Earth Day 2018 (4/21/18)
- Charles “Charlie” Albert Fox (4/21/18)
- Wildcats tripped up by Golden City (4/20/18)
- Sheldon baseball, softball fall in non-league twinbill to Greenfield (4/20/18)
- Three-sport star Hinton signs to play baseball with Northeastern Oklahoma A&M (4/20/18)