- Freeman CEO answers questions (10/16/17)
- Reading put into practice (10/13/17)
- Tigers host Clinton in regular-season finale (10/13/17)
- Council votes to mandate change in hospital (10/13/17)1
- Benton students honor grandparents (10/10/17)
- Area businesses going pink (10/9/17)
- Unidentified material found near NF Protein (10/6/17)1
- Fun at the Fire Station (10/5/17)
- ‘Tough but fair’ (10/4/17)
- Some never get to tell their story (10/3/17)
Homer Charles “Shorty” Lathrop (10/17/17)Homer Charles “Shorty” Lathrop was born Aug. 2, 1929, the fifth of 10 children to Homer R. and Marguerite (Mallory) Lathrop on the family farm, southeast of Sheldon, and passed away Oct. 13, at his...
Joseph Edward “Joe” Sunthimer III (10/17/17)Joseph Edward “Joe” Sunthimer III, 88, of Nevada, passed away Wednesday, Oct. 11, in Nevada. Joe was born Dec. 14, 1928, in Elkhart, Ind., the son of Joe and Bessie (Troyer) Sunthimer. He grew up in...
Lois Eastland (10/14/17)Lois Eastland passed away on Oct. 11, in Peoria, Ariz., at the age of 98. A former resident of the Rich Hill area for most of her life, she was a quiet, dignified lady perhaps best known for being a...
Julie Annette (Smith) Simpkins (10/13/17)Julie Annette (Smith) Simpkins, 56, Milo, passed away on Tuesday, Oct. 10, at St. Luke’s Hospital in Kansas City, Mo. Julie was born May 5, 1961, in Nevada, to Robert Samuel and Vera Mae (Foley)...
Fern Mae Earnest (10/11/17)Fern Mae Earnest, 92, Nevada, passed away on Monday, Oct. 9, at Freeman West Hospital in Joplin following a brief illness. Fern was born May 17, 1925, in Nevada, to Clarence Frances and Mae Caroline...
Carmen Lucille Conger Bohannon (10/11/17)Carmen Lucille Conger Bohannon passed peacefully early Sunday morning Oct. 8, with her family by her side. Cremation services will be held in Wagner, S.D., at a later date. Memorial contributions in...
Column: ID update for Missourians planning to travel in 2018 (10/18/17)Missouri’s 126th Dist. JEFFERSON CITY, MO: For Missourians wanting to fly and those wishing to visit military bases and federal facilities in 2018, it’s important to know that Missouri continues to await word from the Department of Homeland Security for an extension of the existing grace period that lasts until Jan. ...
Column: Being a drug dealer; not the best choice (10/14/17)For the average crystal meth dealer, it can be a dangerous world where everyone is only looking out for themselves and not their fellow meth dealing friends. Drug dealers will do almost anything to get their meth so they can distribute it, and because of this, they must take the appropriate action to make sure it is safe until the time of sale...
Column: Thunder and Lightening (10/13/17)Tonight, Nevada High School will induct upon our Wall of Fame, two of my 1966 Big 10 Conference Championship Football teammates. Larry Householder and Jim Olson were like the thunder and lightening, that one associates with a Midwest thunderstorm. They will forever be inseparably linked as the stars of that great team and season but for me they were much more...
Column: Broadband survey reveals what was already suspected (10/7/17)Missouri Farm Bureau Federation The excitement of moving into our new home had faded to the reality of the work of unpacking. Monday night as my wife and I were unpacking the last boxes in the garage, we were interrupted by the sound of children playing in the street. Our two kids quickly grabbed their bikes to join in the fun. Our previous home hadn’t had many young neighbors, and it was a heartwarming moment to see other kids around and ours so happy to introduce themselves...
- Tigers take on Raytown South in first district home game since ’12It’s been five years since the Nevada Tiger football team last hosted a district playoff game. That all changed late Saturday night, however, when the final Class 4 District 6 standings were released, with the Tigers securing a No. 4 seed in the eight-team bracket...
- Lady Tigers dispatch East Newton in district opener (10/18/17)
- Hume tops NEVC in districts, Sheldon and Bronaugh fall in opening round (10/18/17)
- Nevada hoops standout Gayman verbally commits to D1 Abilene Christian (10/17/17)
- Comets split pair of region matches (10/17/17)
- Lady Hornets sting Rich Hill in straight set sweep (10/15/17)
- Palmer represents Lady Tiger golf program at state tourney (10/14/17)
- Tigers air assault crushes Clinton, 51-37, as Mason hauls in three TD receptions (10/14/17)
- Fall turkey hunting offers many different rewards than spring season (10/14/17)
- Lady Tigers fall to St. Michaels (10/14/17)
- Roses bloom in victory lane: Father, son duo victorious at Nevada Speedway (10/13/17)
- Facebook bug puts Pittsburgh users in Philadelphia for a day
- Fan-tastic! Man who caught Turner HR ball snags Wrigley shot
- For ornery shelter cats, 2nd chance is a job chasing mice
- Some flowers create blue halo to say hello to foraging bees
- Newlyweds' pot-bellied pig gets second reprieve from borough