- Safety tops Sheldon school board discussion (5/19/18)
- Council votes to participate in sales tax holiday (5/18/18)
- NMS Girl emPOWERment hosts 10th annual GM5K (5/16/18)
- Carolyn Thornton wins award (5/12/18)
- Davisons celebrates sixty years (5/11/18)1
- Cottey harpsichord in tune and in use (5/9/18)
- Walking a mile in someone else’s shoes (5/8/18)
- Director of Barone Alzheimer’s center shares work (5/5/18)
- Observing the National Day of Prayer (5/4/18)
- Cats’ tripped up by NEVC, 14-4 (5/3/18)
Susan Elaine Janssen (5/19/18)Susan Elaine Janssen, 70, Nevada, passed from this life on Thursday, May 17, at Nevada Regional Medical Center in Nevada. Susan was born May 22, 1947, in Aplington, Iowa, to Walter Henry and Audrey...
Elisha Dawn Brundridge (5/19/18)Elisha Dawn Brundridge, 33, Nevada, passed away on Thursday, May 17, at Nevada Regional Medical Center in Nevada. She was born on August 29, 1984, in Nevada to Warren L. and Carol Jane (Robertson)...
Elisha Dawn Brundridge (5/18/18)Elisha Dawn Brundridge, 33, Nevada, died Thursday, May 17, at Nevada Reginal Medical Center in Nevada. She was born on Aug. 29, 1984, in Nevada to Warren L. and Carol Jane (Robertson) Friedl. She...
David Ward Weaver (5/18/18)David Ward Weaver, age 73, of rural Liberal, Mo., passed away Tuesday, May 15, at Freeman West Hospital in Joplin. David was born June 18, 1944, in Liberal, oldest of the three children of Ward and...
Cecil Leon Harris (5/18/18)Cecil Leon Harris, age 78, of Lamar, passed away Wednesday evening, May 16, at his home. Cecil was born Jan. 15, 1940, at Jasper, Mo., one of the six children of Jessie and Olive (Hall) Harris. He...
Fredrick Leon (Fred) Buckner (5/18/18)Fredrick Leon (Fred) Buckner, 84, Nevada, passed away suddenly at his home in Nevada on Tuesday, May 15, 2018. Fred was born Aug. 11, 1933, in Richards, to George W. and Addie May (Ellifrits)...
Column: Another royal wedding (5/19/18)Hi neighbors. Did you get up at 3 a.m. today to witness the spectacular event as Britain’s Prince Harry married his American lady Meghan Markle? America hasn’t had this much public interest invested in a wedding in the United Kingdom in, well, maybe never...
Column: A helping hand (5/19/18)A couple of summers back, we had someone run on foot after a vehicle chase ended. The suspect was chased into the woods, but he managed to hide once inside the wooded area. A text alert was sent out to warn people of the suspect’s location and for the next several days the suspect was tracked by the phone calls we received from citizens in the area, telling us where they had seen him and in what direction he was headed. ...
Column: Making choices (5/18/18)Eenie, meenie, miney, moe. One potato, two potato, three potato. You’re it. These are all childish ways to make a choice. Other ways to make a choice might be to check the knowledge or other attributes of the people who are wanting to be chosen. All of these methods have problems but using any of these methods may come closer to the truth than we could imagine...
Column: It’s pool time (5/18/18)The Memorial Day holiday is just around the corner, and I am reminded that back in my youth, that meant it was “pool time.” In Nevada that weekend was always the traditional opening date for that wonderful swimming pool to open at Radio Springs. The pool was a fixture for many of our “boomer” generation. If you want to see more of the history and pictures, there is a great website about Radio Springs Park. Go online and look for the park’s name at cotteyphile.com...
Sheldon, Walnut Grove set for Monday sectional clash in El DoAfter four seasons the Sheldon Panther baseball team has returned to the Missouri Class 1 sectional round. Entering on a five-game win-streak, Sheldon (6-8) is set to host Walnut Grove (20-1), today at 6 p.m. Despite being the home team, Sheldon has elected to move the game to a neutral site — El Dorado Springs High School...
- Pettit inks with FSCC Spirit Squad (5/19/18)
- NHS alum Payne bookends collegiate career with prestigious Sportsmanship Award (5/19/18)
- Father-son duos continue to dominate Nevada Speedway victory lane (5/18/18)
- Smith collects All-State accolades, as NHS golf duo completes play at Class 3 state tourney (5/18/18)
- R-5 school-related passes not accepted for upcoming sectional tourney game (5/18/18)
- Title quest: Sheldon bests Ballard in extras, captures Class 1 District 8 crown (5/18/18)
- Bronaugh edged by Miami in district tourney, 13-11, denied breakthrough victory (5/17/18)
- Nevada netters wrap successful season (5/17/18)
- Nevada native Cameron tapped to lead Comet golf program (5/17/18)
- Panthers bounce Bobcats, knock off NEVC en route to district championship game (5/17/18)
LivestockFOR SALE: Butcher Hogs, hormone free. Weights range from 100 to 200. $1.00 per pound live weight. 417-944-2017 or call or text 417-283-1371, 417-381-2519.
NURSING HELP-WANTED Adrian Manor--ATTN: LPN’s-- Adrian Manor, a 60-Bed Skilled Nursing Home is now hiring a part-time LPN/Charge Nurse for the evening shift. Pleasant work environment; differential pay for evening shift; pay commensurate w/experience. Contact Director of Nursing,...
LPN's & RN's needed at Serenity of ButlerSerenity Nursing Home in Butler, Mo. is seeking LPN's and RN's. Full and part time available, flexible scheduling. Excellent wages and benefits. Apply: 416 S. High Street, Butler, Mo. 64730 or email@example.com