In observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, the Nevada Daily Mail's office will be closed Monday, Jan. 21, and there will be no Tuesday edition of the newspaper. Normal office hours will resume on Tuesday, Jan. 22.
- Former VCAD director accepts plea offer (1/15/19)
- Bronaugh school board hears program evaluations (1/15/19)
- Local involvement sought for Cottey MLK Day of Service (1/15/19)
- Current economic development efforts one-year in (1/12/19)
- County budget ready for public review and comment (1/11/19)
- Principal Whalen’s retirement announced during closed session (1/11/19)
- Tax filing to begin on Jan. 28 (1/11/19)
- Sheldon R-8 superintendent comments on departure of assistant principal (1/9/19)
- City Council accepts bid for water treatment plant piping improvements (1/9/19)
- NRMC saves first baby of the year (1/5/19)
Timothy Wayne Stong (1/16/19)Timothy Wayne Stong, 52, Sheldon, Mo., died on Monday, Jan. 14, 2019, at his home in Sheldon. Tim was born Jan. 18, 1966, in Nevada, the son of James Wayne and Katherine Long Stong. Memorial services...
Linda D. Dougherty (1/16/19)Linda D. Dougherty, 72, of Nevada, died Sunday, Jan. 13, 2019, at Nevada Regional Hospital following a period of illness. Linda was born Nov. 24, 1946, in Kansas City, Mo., the daughter of Charles...
Lana Sue Richardson (1/16/19)Lana Sue Richardson, 72, of Walker, died at her home on Saturday, Jan. 12, 2019, following a brief illness. Lana was born in Stockton, Mo., the daughter of Samuel Hesikiah and Wilma Mae Turner...
Madge Christine Baze (1/16/19)Madge Christine Baze, 99, formerly of Metz, Mo., passed away on Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2019, at Moore-Few Care Center, in Nevada. She was born Sept. 14, 1919, in Metz, Mo., to Paul I. and Roxie M. (Cary)...
Tommy Timmy Pike Jr. (1/12/19)Tommy Timmy Pike Jr., 47, of Nevada, died on Thursday, Jan. 9, 2019, at his home following a courageous battle with cancer that was diagnosed in 2011 as esophageal cancer. Timmy was born June 16,...
John Phillip McClaskey (1/12/19)John Phillip McClaskey, 82, of Marion, Kan., died on Thursday, Jan. 10, 2019, at St. Lukes Living Center. John was born in Belleville, Kan., on April 18, 1936, a son of Dr. Claget and Velna (Hallock)...
- Tigers, Lady Tigers blitz through first-round opponents in FrontenacNevada High School’s Tiger and Lady Tiger varsity basketball teams easily dispatched their first-round opponents Thursday night at the Kansas Army National Guard Invitational in Frontenac, Kansas. Nevada 56, Pacific 37 In a rematch of last year’s championship game, the fourth-seeded Tigers squared off with the No. 5 Pacific Indians. The teams entered the night headed in opposite directions — with Nevada on a five-game win streak, while the Indians had dropped six straight...
- Lady Knights ride to seven straight victories
- Tigers, Lady Tigers blitz through first round opponents in Frontenac
- Lady Tigers place runner-up at Carthage Invite (1/17/19)
- Double dose: Tigers, Lady Tigers sweep Seneca in varsity hoops twinbill (1/16/19)
- Conference Clash: Tigers look to extend win streak tonight against Seneca (1/15/19)
- Van Dyk dominates on mat (1/14/19)
- Sheldon splits with Drexel on hardwood (1/14/19)
- Tigers rock East Newton on Wynn Gym hardwood (1/12/19)
- Tigers rout Patriots, 65-39, improve to 2-0 in Big 8 West play (1/12/19)
- Lady ’Cats comeback comes up just short (1/12/19)
Help WantedMEDICALODGES OF FORT SCOTT is seeking Full time cook. Competitive benefit package. Apply in person at Medicalodge, 915 S. Horton, Fort Scott,KS 66701. E.O.E.
Help WantedMEDICALODGES OF FORT SCOTT is seeking Licensed Charge Nurse. Sign on bonus: $1000 for Full Time; $500 for Part Time. Competitive benefit package. Apply in person at Medicalodge, 915 S. Horton, Fort Scott,KS 66701. E.O.E.