- Bronaugh aldermen deal with citizen concerns
- Seattle author with local ties to do book signing
- “It’s A Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play” review
- Saturday showdown produces mixed results (12/11/18)
- Bryan Elementary first-graders present check (12/4/18)
- Saturday Candy Cane Hunt well-attended (12/4/18)
- Multiple projects underway for county commission (12/4/18)
- Hospital receives clean audit and grassroots proposal (11/28/18)
- Chamber introduces new holiday tradition (11/28/18)
- Bunton retires, honored for years of service (11/27/18)
Royal O. CooperRoyal O. Cooper, 89, of Jefferson City, Mo., passed away Saturday, Dec. 8, 2018, at home, surrounded by family and Zowie, his beloved Beagle. He was born Aug. 3, 1929 in Kansas City, Kan., the son of...
Robert Michael DuncanRobert Michael Duncan, 38, of Sheldon, Mo., passed away Saturday, Dec. 8, 2018, at his home, surrounded by family and friends after a two-and-a-half-year battle with brain cancer. He faced it with...
Randy Albert Wehmeyer (12/11/18)Randy Albert Wehmeyer, 59, formerly of Walker, Mo., died on Dec. 10, 2018, at Highland Rehabilitation and Health Center in Kansas City, Mo. Memorial services will be held at 11 a.m., Monday, Dec. 17,...
Shirley Jean Gragg (12/11/18)Shirley Jean Gragg, 82, Nevada, Mo., died on Sunday, Dec. 9, 2018, at Freeman West Hospital in Joplin. Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 12, 2018, at Ferry Funeral Home in...
Steve Leon Campbell (12/11/18)Steve Leon Campbell, 76, formerly of Nevada, Mo., quietly departed this life on Friday, Dec. 7, 2018, at his home in Florissant, Mo. He was born Sept. 6, 1942, in Pryor, Okla., to Walter Lee and...
Jeff Lee Dade (12/11/18)Jeff Lee Dade, 57, Springfield, Mo., formerly of Nevada, passed away on Saturday, Dec. 8, 2018, in Springfield, Mo. Jeff was born Aug. 31, 1961, in Nevada to Jack Eugene and Lois Ann (Reedy) Dade....
- Thompson-less Tigers survive Roosters, 54-44With star forward Matt Thompson on the shelf and guard Logan Applegate in foul trouble it wasn’t pretty, but the Nevada Tigers found a way to get it done, prevailing over the visiting Pleasant Hill Roosters, 54-44, Tuesday evening at Wynn Gym. The non-conference victory snaps a three-game losing skid, moving the Tigers to 2-4 on the season...
- Lady Tiger seventh-graders pitch first half shutout, cruise to Big 8 Tournament semifinal victory over Seneca, 30-8
- Nevada swim team returns to pool for Winnetonka Invitational
- Lady Tigers absorb 30-point loss, fall to Mt. Vernon, 73-43 (12/11/18)
- Tiger grapplers tie for 10th at Carl Junction Classic (12/11/18)
- Nevada High School, middle school grapplers host home meets (12/8/18)
- Nevada High’s Johnson, McHugh ink with ACCC track and XC team (12/7/18)
- Three set for induction into NHS Athletic Wall of Fame (12/7/18)
- Eighth-grade Lady Tigers place fourth at Wild West tourney (12/7/18)
- Young Guns: Seventh-grade Lady Tiger hoopsters capture Wild West Shootout tourney championship (12/6/18)
- Tigers succumb to Pittsburg in overtime, Lady Tigers coast to fourth straight win (12/5/18)