- Pike presents flags (6/23/18)
- Repairs at Schell-Osage cause concern (6/22/18)
- Long-term care board meets (6/20/18)
- Bushwhacker Museum celebrates World War I (6/19/18)
- State audit rates VCAD “Fair” (6/16/18)
- French honor American’s sacrifice (6/15/18)
- Practical Nursing class No. 54 graduates (6/13/18)
- Pettibon new deputy collector (6/6/18)
- Youth task force plans next year (6/2/18)
- Remembering the fallen (5/30/18)
James Lee (Jim) Guthrie (6/23/18)James Lee (Jim) Guthrie, age 88, passed away on Thursday, June 21, at his home in Nevada. Jim was born Nov. 29, 1929, in Arcadia, Kan., to Lawrence and Ione (Fowler) Guthrie. On June 4, 1950, Jim...
James Lee (Jim) Guthrie (6/22/18)James Lee (Jim) Guthrie, 88, died Thursday, June 21, at his home in Nevada. Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, June 26, at First Presbyterian Church in Nevada. The family will...
Leta “Fae” Shelton (6/20/18)Heaven was blessed on Sunday, June 17. Leta “Fae” Shelton passed with peace and grace at her home with loved ones at her side. Fae was born on Aug. 2, 1932, to Neal “Pat” and Fannie (Ricketts)...
Glen K. Sheets Sr (6/20/18)Glen K. Sheets Sr., 91, Nevada, passed away on Sunday, June 17, at his home in Nevada. Glen was born April 10, 1927, in Nevada to Albro C. and Edna Mae (Kibler) Sheets. Glen was raised in Nevada and...
Clinton Oliver Stubblefield (6/19/18)Clinton Oliver Stubblefield, 81, Joplin, formerly of Horton, passed away on Sunday, June 17, at Mercy Hospital in Joplin. Clinton was born Nov. 19, 1936, in Horton to Winfred Arden and Nola Lee...
Orval Murl Moore (6/19/18)Orval Murl Moore, age 78 of Schell City, the son of Murl John and Pauline Grace (Reynolds) Moore was born Feb. 23, 1940, in Fair Haven Springs, Mo., and passed from this life at 2:20 p.m. Wednesday,...
Column: And it happened in Vernon County (6/22/18)Recently I had the experience of telling a newcomer to our town about some of the many good things going on in all of Vernon County. I realize that those who have always lived in a big city might easily overlook many of the gifts of Nevada and Vernon County...
Column: Passion Row (6/22/18)At the Trail Drive-In Theater during my adolescent years, the back row of that complex was called by many names, some of which are not suitable for printing within this story. For today’s column I will use the simple pseudonym Passion Row! Now that we are approaching the longest day of the year, we are in full summertime mode. ...
Column: Happy Father’s Day (6/16/18)Hi neighbors. Tomorrow is Father’s Day! Although the modern celebration is well-known in America, the concept of a day to honor fathers is shared around the world. Some researchers have claimed it a special day for centuries. It seems one thing we have in common around the world is the fact that we all have fathers...
Column: The obvious indicator (6/16/18)Not long ago I was working with a detective when we noticed a vehicle in the area drive by and start to turn towards us, but seeing our car, change their mind and go in the opposite direction. We decided to check on it, but as soon as we got behind it, the car turned off the road and pulled into a stall at a car wash. ...
Griffons topple Outlaws, 7-3After being rained out Wednesday evening, the Griffons were back in action Thursday night at Joe Becker Stadium in Joplin. Matching up for the first time this season with MINK South Division foe Joplin Outlaws, the Griffons came out on top, 7-3. Nevada southpaw hurler Chandler Currey made his first start of the season, and was staked to a 6-0 advantage, with the offensive output highlighted by Domonique Hernandez’s second inning three-run bomb...
- Nevada High trio collects prestigious athlete of the year awards (6/22/18)
- Wood takes Nevada Speedway by storm, claims fifth consecutive victory (6/20/18)
- Griffons vs. A's contest postponed (6/20/18)
- Griffons surrender six-run lead, fall to visiting Clarinda, 12-8 (6/20/18)
- Road Warriors: Griffons take two of three from Mudcats (6/19/18)
- Military Minded: Nevada grad Harder gearing up for life as West Point cadet (6/16/18)
- Beachler to coordinate NHS/NMS summer weight-lifting program (6/16/18)
- Boat buyers have abundant options (6/16/18)
- Watts follows in father’s footsteps, takes reins of NHS track-and-field program (6/15/18)
- Griffons slump continues, late rally falls short in 8-5 loss to Clarinda (6/15/18)
Wanting to buyLooking for an old retired Chain stitch embroidery machine. Preferably Singer 114 W 103 in the table with motor. Any condition considered. Please call Bonnie at 816.941.2344.
MiscellaneousSTRAW FOR SALE: small square bales $3.00 each, 417-684-5324.