- Chadd charged in hit-and-run (9/21/17)
- Hospital celebrates 80th birthday (9/21/17)
- City declares air show a hit (9/19/17)
- Technical difficulties (9/15/17)
- Katy Allen Lake project receives second 3M grant (9/14/17)
- Airshow comes to Nevada (9/11/17)
- NASCAR driver inspires middle school girls (9/8/17)
- Nevada Lions gifts bench and fountain (9/7/17)
- for Texas … (9/5/17)
- Clinic creates new position (9/2/17)
Billy Joe WillisBilly Joe Willis, 60, Sheldon, died Sunday, Sept. 17. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m., Friday, Sept. 29, at the Sheldon Baptist Church, Sheldon. Additional information will be announced...
William E. Wynn Jr.William E. Wynn Jr., 82, Nevada, passed away surrounded by family on Sept. 21, at Cox Medical Center South in Springfield Mo. Son of William Edward and Edith Litty Wynn, he was born in St. Louis,...
William E. Wynn Jr. (9/22/17)William E. Wynn, Jr., 82, of Nevada, passed away Thursday, Sept. 21. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 26, at First Baptist Church in Nevada. The family will receive...
Lura Jean (Wilson) Zinn (9/20/17)Lura Jean (Wilson) Zinn, age 82 of Hume, died Sunday, Sept. 17, at Prescott Country View Nursing Home in Prescott, Kan. She was born Aug. 21, 1935, to Zella Mae Gregg Wilson and Earl DeVoe Wilson in...
Clara Louise Mallicoat (9/20/17)Clara Louise Mallicoat passed away peacefully Sept. 16, at the Nevada Medicalodge surrounded by loved ones and many friends. She was born May 5, 1923, in Kansas City, Mo., to Lyndon Elmer and Pauline...
Wilma A. Foster (9/20/17)Wilma A. Foster, 91, formerly of Bronaugh, passed away on Sept. 19, at Barone Alzheimer’s Care Center in Nevada. Wilma was born Aug. 5, 1926, in Bronaugh, to Jaxie and Bessie (Willard) Hope. She was...
Column: Does any one know? (9/16/17)Hi neighbors. I think the secret to a happy life is the determination to let yourself be happy and to find some good everywhere. We all know people who are never happy. Their attitude is always sarcastic and critical. Their demeanor is always withdrawn and paranoid. Unfortunately, we all have these feelings ourselves now and again. Life does take a toll on people...
Column: Completion of the first VCSO Jail Academy (9/16/17)Over the past two weeks we have been holding our first ever jail training academy at the Sheriff’s Office. We worked for several months to prepare the classes and arrange for all the instructors that would be coming in to help teach. This week they have graduated the academy and will begin their hands-on training in the jail. ...
Column: Missouri House convenes for annual veto session (9/15/17)Missouri's 126th District JEFFERSON CITY, MO — The members of the Missouri House of Representatives came together Sept. 13, to discuss the pieces of legislation that were approved by the General Assembly but vetoed by the governor. Of the handful of bills to consider, HCB 3 received all of the discussion. ...
Column: Points of interest vary (9/15/17)The following column originally ran in the April 21, 2005 edition of the Daily Mail. I received a map of Nevada that had been provided by Adams and Associates and printed by Star Business Graphics at El Dorado Springs. It is good to have a map to help find some of those hard to find locations like Hoffman Street that only covers a few blocks and then is seen no more...
- Tigers strike early and often, flatten Springfield Central, 49-12The rout was on early Friday night as the Nevada Tigers stomped Springfield Central, 49-12, in a non-conference road matchup. Springfield Central entered the contest 0-5, having been outscored on the season 206-16. “We need to play the game the right way all the time, regardless of who we’re playing, and I thought we did a good job of that tonight,” said Nevada head coach Wes Beachler. “And we’ll get tested on that next week when we play a really good DeSoto (Kan.) team.”...
- Comets drop East Central in four sets
- National hunting, fishing day concept began 45 years ago (9/22/17)
- Lady Tigers place third at WCC tournament (9/22/17)
- Nevada boys, girls place runner-up at Iola XC Invitational (9/22/17)
- Lady Hornets sting Sheldon in two-set match (9/22/17)
- WCC volleyball: St. Pius defeats Lady Tigers in two sets (9/20/17)
- Lady Tigers stretch win streak to nine (9/20/17)
- Lady Knights defeat Calhoun to remain perfect on season (9/20/17)
- NYFL: Tigers split with Carthage (9/19/17)
- Lady Tigers derailed by Carthage (9/19/17)
Como Craft Ozark Roadside Pottery Research Help RequestI am researching the history of Como Craft Ozark Roadside Pottery and seeking information on several potters including Harold Horine, Calista and Jerry Waite, Ernie Fullerton, and Arthur Minor. Please contact me if you have any information to share...
MiscellaneousSTRAW FOR SALE: small square bales $3.00 each, 417-684-5324.
MiscellaneousOLD PHOTOGRAPHS copied and restored. Ralph Pokorny Photography, 221 E. Pacific St. Nevada, MO. 417-667-2112.