- Council hears proposal to help decrease NRMC debt (4/17/19)
- ‘Drinking Habits’ brews barrels of laughs at Fox Playhouse (4/10/19)
- Dr. George Knox to replace Brian Leonard as mayor (4/10/19)
- Cattle sorting returns to Deerfield (4/5/19)
- City conducts public transportation survey (4/2/19)
- Weekend house fires under investigation (3/27/19)
- Walker board of aldermen discuss possibility of rate increase (3/27/19)
- REAL ID-compliant driver licenses offered at Nevada DMV (3/27/19)
- Hospital CEO’s first board meeting (3/27/19)
Edward Max Jackson (4/17/19)Edward Max Jackson, 75, Nevada, Mo., passed away on Friday, April 5, 2019, at his home in Nevada following a lengthy illness. Ed was born Oct. 20, 1943, in Philipsburg, Pa., to Edward M. and Florence...
Anthony Jay Wright (4/17/19)Anthony Jay Wright, 43, died at his home in Springfield, Mo., on April 8, 2019. Anthony was born Nov. 3, 1975, to Jay W. and Donna (Barnes) Wright. Memorial services will be held at 1 p.m.,...
Betty Lou Barker (4/9/19)Betty Lou Barker, 93, Nevada, Mo., passed away on Monday, April 8, 2019, at Moore-Few Care Center in Nevada. Betty was born Feb. 22, 1926, in Pitcher, Okla., to Virgil Edward and Mabel (McDaniel)...
Frederick William “Butch” Renwick, III (4/9/19)Frederick William “Butch” Renwick, III, 66, Nevada, Mo., passed away on Sunday, April 7, 2019, at Mercy Hospital in Joplin, Mo. Butch was born Dec. 22, 1952, in Nevada, Mo., to Frederick W. Renwick,...
Rodney Dean “Rod” Squier (4/9/19)Rodney Dean “Rod” Squier left the bonds of this earthly home on Friday, April 5, 2019, the day he came into the presence of the Lord. Rod was born on Aug. 11, 1954, in Newport Beach, Calif., to Roger...
DeAnna “Dee” (Culler) Robbins (4/5/19)DeAnna “Dee” (Culler) Robbins died on Tuesday, April 2, 2019, following a short illness. Dee was born July 18, 1943, in Nevada, Mo., to Jack Vandenburg and Gertrude Israel. A memorial service will be...
- McHugh on the Money: Nevada High senior captures KU Relays’ gold in 400-Meter DashRising Nevada High School sprinter Devin McHugh blazed to a gold medal finish in the 400-Meter Dash at the high-profile Kansas Relays on Saturday in Lawrence. McHugh, an Allen County (Kan.) Community College track signee, cruised to a first-place finish in Friday’s 400-Meter Dash prelims. McHugh then returned to Rock Chalk Park on Saturday, and put forth one of the all-time great performances in the history of the NHS track-and-field program, clocking a 49.01 en route to the KU Relay gold...
- Nevada Tiger youth football camp just around the corner (4/19/19)
- Controversial calls mar Tigers’ 8-7 loss to East Newton (4/18/19)
- Tigers derailed by Reeds Spring, 8-1 (4/18/19)
- Nevada tennis team defeats Carthage, improves to 9-1 (4/18/19)
- Tigers succumb to Bolivar in extra-inning slugfest, 14-11 (4/16/19)
- Nevada High track-and-field shines at Pitt State/Jocks Nitch relays (4/16/19)
- Lady Hornets trounce Rich Hill, Ballard improve to 11-0 (4/13/19)
- Tigers fall to Cubs, absorb 14-4 defeat (4/13/19)
- NHS star freshman Swearingen captures JGF tourney crown (4/10/19)
- Tigers topple Indians, 3-1, notch first victory (4/10/19)
Latest State & Nation News