- Lady Tigers fall in Big 8 championship match (10/20/18)
- VCAD Board fills vacancy and hears audit report (10/20/18)
- NMS Assistant Principal Ben Potter rocks – sometimes (10/19/18)
- Bronaugh R-7 board accepts superintendent’s retirement as it wrestles with finances (10/19/18)
- Walker Board of Aldermen takes care of business (10/17/18)
- Nevada City Council holds public hearing on residential zoning change (10/17/18)
- Ground broke for new fairgrounds building (10/17/18)
- Drone class at Nevada High School (10/16/18)
- Hume R-8 hears administrative reports (10/16/18)
- Oktoberfest draws large crowd despite cold weather (10/16/18)
Lucybelle Williams (10/20/18)Lucybelle Williams, 95, a proud citizen of Cherokee Nation of Tahlequah, Okla., formerly of Nevada, Mo., passed away on Friday, Oct. 19, 2018, in Kansas City, Mo. Lucybelle was born June 30, 1923,...
Donald Lee Bigelow (10/19/18)Donald Lee Bigelow, 73, Sheldon, Mo., passed away on Wednesday, Oct. 17, 2018, from an unexpected illness. Don was born May 28, 1945, in Fremont, Ohio, to Earl Dale and Bertha Evelyn (Twiss) Bigelow....
Dorothy Ellen Hardie (10/17/18)Dorothy Ellen Hardie, 95, El Dorado Springs, Mo., died on Monday, Oct. 15, 2018, in El Dorado Springs. Dorothy was born Oct. 12, 1923, in Harwood, Mo., to James Jackson and Eula B. Porter. Funeral...
Dora Jean McKinley (10/17/18)Dora Jean McKinley, 74, Richards, Mo., passed away on Sunday, Oct. 14, 2018, at Nevada Nursing and Rehab in Nevada. Dora was born June 12, 1944, in Horton, Mo., to Wesley Raymond and Jessie Irene...
Raymond Eli Hiebert (10/16/18)Raymond Eli Hiebert, 88, Sheldon, Mo., passed away on Sunday, Oct. 14, 2018, at Freeman Health System West, Joplin, Mo., following a lengthy illness. Raymond was born on July 21, 1930, in Hitchcock,...
Johnny “John” Allen Shrewsbury (10/13/18)Funeral services for Johnny “John” Allen Shrewsbury, 76, of Gilmer will be held at 10 a.m., today, in the chapel at McWhorter Funeral Home with Brother Marion Palmer officiating. Interment will be...
Cubs gash Tigers in regular-season finale, 28-0Looking to conclude the regular-season on a high-note, the Nevada Tigers instead fell to the Monett Cubs, 28-0, on Senior Night Friday at Logan Field. Nevada (1-8, 1-5 Big 8 West) was unable to capitalize on a first quarter turnover deep in Monett territory, turning the ball over on downs. On the ensuing possession Monett drove 89 yards on seven plays, capped by tailback Jamie Guinn’s seven-yard scamper around the right side into the end zone as Monett led, 7-0...
- Nevada softball collects postseason accolades (10/20/18)
- Lamar runs past Nevada JV, 40-6 (10/20/18)
- Unsung support staff strengthens Tigers’ football program (10/19/18)
- Lady Tigers derailed by Oak Grove in sectionals, 11-1 (10/19/18)
- Tiger swim squad places second at conference championship meet (10/19/18)
- Comets overwhelm KCC (10/17/18)
- Lady Tigers down McDonald County in two sets, reach 25 victories (10/17/18)
- Lady Panthers edge past NEVC in three sets (10/16/18)
- Lady Hornets knock off Sheldon to win GVVC tournament championship (10/16/18)
- Nevada volleyball sweeps six matches, wins Clinton tourney (10/16/18)
- Bronaugh R-7 board accepts superintendent’s retirement as it wrestles with finances
- Unsung support staff strengthens Tigers’ football program
- NMS Assistant Principal Ben Potter rocks – sometimes
- Freestyle King: Nevada’s Hines sets multiple school records at COMO Invitational
- Lamar’s Bailey traces powerhouse program’s turning point to winless ’07 campaign